As a family with a father in a wheelchair (high spinal cord injury), we know how difficult it can be to find a suitable holiday home. The accessibility information on many regular rental websites is not enough to make a good choice.
Not only the inside should be accessible but around the house as well. Like nearby parking places or a terrace with enough room for a wheelchair.
In IJsselmeerstraat190 we have tried to create a cozy holiday spot that is fully equipped with smart and elegant adjustments. There is also plenty to do in and around the park if you are in a wheelchair.
Many adjustments (such as the bed lifting poles and shower seat) are easy to remove when not needed.
- The kitchen is suitable for wheelchair users. You can easily use the sink and induction hob from your wheelchair.
- All drawers and cabinets are fitted with good handles.
- 2 Electrically adjustable high – extra low beds (Vroomshoop Dakota Careflex)
- Luxury version
- 90x200cm / 35×78 inch
- Bed height adjustable from 25 to 80 cm / 10 to 31 inch (without matras)
- Suitable for hoist (please note there is no hoist in the house, you should bring your own or hire one if needed)
- 2 detachable lifting poles
- 2 Anti decubitus matrasses (Kubivent Compact)
- 2 Mobile bedside tables
- The beds are mobile using good wheels and brakes so you can place them without much effort in different positions in the room.
Bathroom / toilet
- Shower, toilet and washbasin are all in the same spacious room.
- Wheelchair accessible shower floor
- Wheelchair accessible sunshower with UV- and infrared functions
- Etac Swift adjustable shower chair with removable back and armrests.
- Strong and stylish supports from Delabie Be-line at toilet and shower / sunshower